The Garmin Echomap Ultra 126sv is a GPS receiver that can be used for navigation, tracking and mapping. It has the ability to track up to 4 satellites simultaneously and can display maps in either 2D or 3D format. The device also includes an integrated barometric altimeter with a built-in compass. This unit comes with a rechargeable battery pack which allows you to use it while on the go.
It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Features: Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV Review
- 1 Features: Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV Review
- 2 How Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv Works?
- 3 Connecting the Garmin ECHOMAP Ultras 126sv to a Computer
- 4 FAQs – Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV Review
- 4.1 Q: How long does it take to get my tracks?
- 4.2 Q: Why doesn’t the map display all the waypoints I’ve saved?
- 4.3 Q: Can I use this unit while driving?
- 4.4 Q: What happens if I lose connection with the satellites?
- 4.5 Q: Is there a warranty?
- 4.6 Q: Are there any other accessories included with this product?
- Track up to 4 satellites at once
- Display map data in 2D or 3D formats
- Barometric altimeter with compass
- Integrated antenna
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
Read our genuine reviews on the best fish finders under $1000 budget
How Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv Works?
A clear view of the sky is required for the receiver to receive the satellite signals. GPS technology is used to determine the location of this product. Unless the receiver has a line of sight with the satellites, it cannot calculate your position if there is no line of sight.
- When you turn on this product for the first time, it will automatically scan for satellites to receive the satellite signals.
- The receiver must be able to see at least four satellites in order to receive the satellite signals. The position is calculated once it locates the strongest signal.
- Your position will be shown on a map once the receiver has calculated your position. Zooming into the map can be done by using the scroll wheel on the side of the device.
- To navigate around the map, press the left mouse button while moving your cursor across the map. Zooming out from the current position can be done by pressing the right mouse button.
- You can pan around the map by moving the cursor across the screen.
- Select between a 2D or 3D map view from the top right corner of the main menu by clicking on the Map Type icon.
You can also switch between different map layers by clicking on the Layers icon. There are three map layers available: Satellite, Hybrid (Satellite + Terrain) and Terrain Only.
- You can download additional map layers from the Garmin website. These include roads, trails, rivers, lakes, buildings, etc.
- When you are finished navigating, you can save your route by pressing the Menu key and selecting Save Route. Your saved routes will appear as waypoints on the map.
- You can delete these points by selecting Delete Waypoint.
- When you want to start tracking again, select Start Tracking from the Main Menu.
Note: The unit can still be used without a computer by using the USB cable provided. Follow the instructions below if you do not have access to a computer.
Connecting the Garmin ECHOMAP Ultras 126sv to a Computer
- Disconnect the unit from the power source.
- Utilize the USB port on the computer to connect the supplied USB cable.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Select Update Driver Software from the right-click menu of the device listed under Other Devices.
- Install the driver software by clicking Yes.
- The computer needs to be restarted.
- Open the Garmin software application.
- Navigate to the folder containing the.gpx file created in Step 1 above.
- Select the.gpx file and click OK.
- The data should now appear on the map.
- Close the Garmin software application.
FAQs – Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV Review
The Garmin ECHOMap Ultra 126sv is a great little navigator that provides excellent performance at a very affordable price. With its ability to store up to five days of navigation history, it’s perfect for those who need to navigate frequently.